Patent / Utility Model
Patent / Utility Model
SIMAJ serves its clients in all procedural and legal steps concerning Turkish patent and utility model applications together with European and PCT applications in various fields of technical and scientific areas. The firm also provides full service with respect to foreign national patents and utility models in cooperation with our associate law firms throughout the world.
To satisfy our clients’ needs in almost all technical fields, the firm employs a number of specialized experts and patent attorneys that have acquired technical expertise to serve our clients’ specific needs which includes mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, material science, and nanotechnology.
The protection of patents and utility models in Turkey is regulated by the Industrial Property Law No. 6769, which entered into force on January 10th, 2017. Turkey is also party to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) as of January 1996 and The European Patent Convention (EPC) as of November 1, 2000.
After the implementation of the Industrial Property Law No. 6769, the following provisions have been included:
- Granting by examination system,
- Utility Model (novelty and industrial applicability)
- Patentability criteria (novelty, inventive step and industrial applicability)
- Patent protection for pharmaceuticals and their production methods,
- Publication of applications and opposition by third parties
The key elements of our patent and utility model services are considered in three categories as;
- Filing, prosecution and post grant services
- Legal Services
- Development and strategy advisory services
- We can provide pre-filing novelty searches and advise on the outcome of the search results for preperation of the application strategy.
- We can draft, file and prosecute patent and utility model applications through grant of the certificate before Turkish Patent and Trademark Office as well as WIPO, EPO or any National Office using our network of International Associates.
- We assist our clients for recordals in the register and providing periodical or current status reports.
- We provide maintenance services for payment of annuities.
- We assist our clients for recordals in the register and for providing periodical or current status reports.
- We can represent our clients in opposition proceedings before Turkish Patent and Trademark Office.
- We give advice and draft license agreements as well as the patent use and compulsory license issues.
- We give advice for patent and utility model validity and infringement matters and represent clients before the IP Courts in Turkey.
- We can review your existing patent and utility model portfolio and offer advice on its strengths and weaknesses in view of the National Law.
- We can review competitor and sector activity worldwide to help you plan your strategy.
- We can prepare freedom to operate reports and we can conduct infringement and validity searches in view of the National Patent Law and Regulations.
- We can provide internal training programmes to assist maximizing your IP return from your R&D investment.